Marilyn Tam, Ph.D. is a Speaker, Author, Consultant, Board Certified Executive/Corporate/Leadership Coach, and Founder and Executive Director of Us Foundation. She was formerly the CEO of Aveda Corp., President of Reebok Apparel and Retail Group; Vice President of Nike Inc. and also a successful entrepreneur who has developed and built four companies.
Marilyn has had an extraordinarily diverse life, from her beginnings in a traditional Chinese family in Hong Kong to her meteoric rise through the executive ranks of the international business world to become an influential corporate leader, speaker, author, corporate consultant, leadership coach, and respected humanitarian.
She is a successful entrepreneur, having developed and built four companies in fields as diverse as a corporate consulting & training company, a web portal company, a supply chain software company and an integrated health and wellness company.
Marilyn speaks and consults globally with Fortune 500 companies, governments and non-profit organizations and on Leadership, Diversity, Life Balance, Change Management and how to integrate social & environmental concerns into businesses profitably.
Marilyn is the co-founder and Executive Director of the Us Foundation www.usfoundation.org, whose mission is to facilitate global action plans and dialogue to address social, economic and environmental issues. Us Foundation is one of the partners for United Nations Habitat-II, and was nominated as a candidate for the “Best Practice Award” from the United Nations’ Habitat II.
She is a director on the national board of SCORE Association, a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration, (SBA). SCORE is dedicated to entrepreneurial education and the development, growth and success of small businesses nationwide.
She served on the international board of The Reebok Human Rights Awards, along with former President Jimmy Carter; renowned musicians Peter Gabriel, and Sting, Rafer Johnson, Chairman of the Special Olympics; and Kerry Kennedy of the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Center, and Paul Fireman, Chairman of Reebok International Ltd. She was awarded The Reebok Human Rights Award for her humanitarian work.
Whether she is directly improving the lot of workers in her contract factories around the world, or developing and conducting seminars to train other entrepreneurs in business leadership programs internationally, Ms. Tam always gives back. She is committed to the belief that philanthropy is integral to and provides an essential balance and relevance to her work.
- According to Brand Channel, she is one of the four most prominent names in brand ethics globally.
- Marilyn was recognized as one of the Top 30 Female Entrepreneurs in the USA by Fempreneur magazine. Jack Canfield detailed her work in his book on the strategies for success, “The Success Principles”. She is featured as in the best selling book, “Fearless Women, midlife portraits” by Alspaugh, Kentz, and Halpin; Daryn Kagan, former CNN anchor spotlighted Marilyn as one who dared to dream that they can make a difference, in her book, “What’s Possible”.
- She was honored with the Artemis Award for her business and humanitarian work by the Greek government and the Euro American Women’s Council in Athens, Greece, with her likeness on a Greek postage stamp. eWomenNetwork presented her with their Lifetime Achievement Award. Marilyn is featured seven inspirational documentary movies including GLOW Project, The Compass, Vitality and The Gratitude Experiment for her remarkable accomplishments and inner wisdom.
- Marilyn is a lifetime member of Who’s Who World Wide and is listed in Who’s Who in American Women. Her latest book, “Living the Life of Your Dreams – The Secrets to Turning Your Dreams into Reality” won the eBook of the Year in the Inspirational/Visionary category at 2011’s Global eBook Awards.
- She was honored with a Ph.D. in Humane Letters by Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA.
|Books By Marilyn Tam|
Visit Marilyn’s website at www.marilyntam.com
Articles by Marilyn Tam